How to Make a DQ Mocha Moolatte

One of my favorite treats in the summer is a DQ moolatte. This after dinner treat is pure bliss. Nothing beats the rich combined flavors of coffee, ice cream, chocolate, and whatever additional flavors whether caramel, hazelnut, vanilla or cappuccino. I am a big fan of the mocha flavor as nothing compares to the combination of chocolate and coffee. The early evening trip to DQ for a moolatte is certain to put a smile on my face, but can also prove to be a dent in the wallet, especially when ordering for others in the group. I have my own recipe that I came up with for making a homemade moolatte that tastes as good as the real thing and is much cheaper considering our local DQ charges about $3.50 per serving.


Preparing a moolatte does not take a huge amount of effort. There is no need for any major ice cream shop appliances such as soft serve machines, etc. All you need is a good hearty blender and some other common ingredients that aren’t too costly. The recipe typically calls for a cup of strong coffee. I occasionally have about two cups left over from my morning brew; so I just take the two cups and reduce down to about a cup on the stove or a microwave it for a few minutes, then let it cool. The coffee reduction makes for a more intense flavor, but the flavor will not be too strong as it gets combined with the other sweet cool flavors. As for creating the “mocha flavor”, I typically just use the vanilla fudge swirl bulk ice cream that we usually have in the freezer. Otherwise, this flavor combination can be added by adding regular vanilla ice cream and a tablespoon of chocolate syrup. Below is my recipe for a mocha flavored DQ moollatte.

Do It Yourself DQ Mocha Moolatte (Serves 2)

1/2 cup of milk

½ cup half and half

1 cup of strong coffee

2 tablespoons sugar

2 cups vanilla-fudge swirl ice cream

Pinch of salt

1 and 1/2 cups ice

Pinch of salt

Chocolate syrup

Whipping Cream

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Liver Dumpling Soup - Bohemian Style

London Broil With Bordelaise Sauce

Smažené žampióny: Czech Fried Mushrooms